Cheltenham Borough Council
Cheltenham Borough Council

Hello, please sign in to your account. New customer? Creating a new account only takes moments.

View further pages

Council tax exemptions

Exemption - Class J

The owner/tenant is living elsewhere to provide personal care to another person

This applies to unoccupied properties that were the sole or main residence of the owner or tenant, who is now living elsewhere to provide care to someone who needs it. The care required must be because of old age, disablement, illness, alcohol/drug dependence or mental disorder.

This does not include people who are away for a short period or time to provide care. The person must have continuously been providing care since vacating the premises.