Freedom of information
Freedom of Information Act
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by Cheltenham Borough Council.
Any person making a request for information is entitled to be informed whether the council holds that information and, subject to any exemptions, be supplied with that information.
This council has adopted the model publication scheme prepared and approved by the Information Commissioner. In order to minimise the need for specific information requests, the council makes available as much information as possible on its website. Any material which is published and accessed on the website will be available free of charge. The council's publication scheme is called 'Council and democracy - about the council'.
Pages in Freedom of information
- 1 How to make an information request
- 2 You are here: Freedom of Information Act
- 3 Charges for information
- 4 Freedom of information exemptions
- 5 Environmental Information Regulations
- 6 Information already released (disclosure log)
- 7 Tell us what you think about our service