The house my student daughter rents is damp. She wants to get out of the house and get some compensation from the landlord, can you help?

We can help with regard to the dampness problem. The council has powers to require the landlord to remedy dampness which is prejudicial to the health of occupiers.

However, with regard to leaving the property and any claim your daughter may wish to make for compensation, advice should be sought from a solicitor or the Citizens Advice Bureau

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.

Ask us a question