What if my tree is causing damage to my property?

A notification/application must still be submitted if within a conservation area or covered by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO).  Supporting evidence of any damage (such as engineers reports, subsidence reports, etc) must be submitted to support reasons for works/felling to tree(s) covered by a TPO. 

Although this information does not have to be submitted with a Conservation Area Notification (Section 211) it can aid trees officers to make an informed decision about necessity of the proposed works.

If a tree is proven (by way of engineers reports, subsidence reports, etc) to be causing a legal nuisance then it would also be exempt from the legislation.

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.

Ask us a question