How do I change my name on the electoral register?

To change your name on the electoral register, you need to submit proof of the change of name. Please send us one of the following:

  • Marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • Overseas marriage or civil partnership certificate
  • Amended birth certificate
  • Deed poll

You can you send this information to us in one of the following ways:

By email

Scan one of the documents above and send them by email to:

By post

Send us a photocopy of one of the documents above. Please do not send original documents.

In person

Bring one of the documents above to the Municipal Offices. We will copy the documents for you, and you can take the originals away.

You can find our address here.

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.

Ask us a question