How does consultation work and can I comment on an application?

We are required by law to consult those whom we think may be interested in an application. Depending on the type of application, we may consult in the following ways: 

  • individual letters to neighbours
  • a site notice
  • press adverts

Specialist officers from within planning (our conservation and heritage team, for example) may be consulted on the application. We may also write to other sections of the council, such as transport or environmental health, to get their views.

  • If you would like to comment on an application, then you can contact us, stating the application address and reference number
  • You can also use PublicAccess to do this - enter the application details and then click on the 'submit comments' button (you are only able to comment on applications currently under consideration)

Whichever way you choose to contact us, your comments will be passed to the relevant case officer who will take them into account when preparing their report and recommendation.

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.

Ask us a question