How do I become a private hire driver for weddings and do I need to register my car?

Section 75 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 states that certain vehicles are exempt from the requirements of the Act. These are principally vehicles to be used with a funeral and vehicles being used in connection with a wedding.

You therefore do not need to licence as a private hire driver, and provided your vehicle is only used for weddings you do not need to licence that either.

Do you have a question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.

Ask us a question