As an employer, what should I think about when doing a risk assessment for legionella?
An employer should ask the following questions when doing a risk assessment for legionella:
- Has legionella bacteria been identified in the system?
- Are conditions favourable for bacterial growth?
- Is there a means of creating breathable droplets?
- Who may be exposed and are they susceptible individuals?
- What steps are necessary to control the risk of exposure?
- Is there a schematic diagram for the complete system and does it refer to any area of redundancy?
- Are appointed persons competent?
- What is the source of the water supply and is there a risk of contamination?
Remember to review your assessment and revise it as necessary.
Do you have a question?
If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then please do.Ask us a question