Land adjacent to Oakhurst Rise 2021
Reason for inquiry
Appeal by William Morrison (Cheltenham) Ltd and The Trustees of the Carmelite Charitable Trust relating to the application to Cheltenham Borough Council for outline application for residential development of 43 dwellings - access layout and scale not reserved for subsequent approval at land adjacent to Oakhurst Rise, Cheltenham. An inspector appointed by the Secretary of State will hold an inquiry opening on the date shown above to decide the appeal. The inquiry will be held as a virtual event run by an inspector in the normal way, but with the parties invited to join via Microsoft Teams or telephone.
Documents relating to the appeal can be viewed on the council website (20/00683/OUT).
Anyone wishing to attend the inquiry must make that interest known to the Planning Inspectorate Case Officer as soon as possible prior to the Inquiry, either by email or telephone after reading the Inquiry Attendance Information set out below. When contacting the Case Officer, it would be helpful if you could confirm whether you want to take an active part in the proceedings or anticipate attending just as an observer (see below).
Inquiry attendance information
Before deciding whether to take an active part in the inquiry, you need to think carefully about the points you wish to make. All written submissions from application and appeal stage will be taken into account by the inspector and re-stating the same points won’t add any additional weight to them. If you feel that taking part in the inquiry is right for you in whatever capacity, you can participate in a number of ways:
- To take part using video, participants will need to have access to Microsoft Teams (via an app or web browser). Find out how to access Microsoft Teams
- Alternatively you can take part by telephone. Calls would be to an 020 number which will incur charges
- If you just wish to observe the event, you should make that clear in your response to the case officer
- If you wish to take an active part in the proceedings, please make clear in your response whether you wish only to appear at the Inquiry and make a statement, or whether you would also wish to ask questions on particular topics
- If you want to take an active part but feel unable to for any reason, and/or the points you want to make are not covered in the evidence of others, consider whether someone else could raise them on your behalf
- Registered participants in whatever capacity will receive individual joining instructions, providing details of any requirements, guidance and support, whether joining by Teams or telephone. You should note that the event will be recorded by the Planning Inspectorate for training and quality assurance purposes.
Planning Inspectorate reference: APP/B1605/W/20/3261154
Case officer contact at the Planning Inspectorate - Leanne Palmer telephone: 0303 444 5471; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Index of documents
- A - Planning application documents
- B - Historical planning documents
- C - Key appeal documents and consultation responses
- D - Planning policy documents
- E - Arboriculture documents
- F - Ecology documents
- G - Education and libraries documents
- H - Heritage documents
- J - Housing documents
- K - Planning documents
- L - Other documents
The Core Documents Library hosted by Framptons is also on their website.