In order to comply with the Government's Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS), all applicants will be asked to provide:
- Proof of name, date of birth and address
- National Insurance number or other unique personal identifying number where appropriate
- Full details of previous employers (name, address and dates) for a minimum period of the past three years
- Names and contact details of two people who can supply employment references
- Confirmation of any necessary qualifications/licences
- Educational details (with contact names)where somebody has not been in previous employment
- Proof of right to work in the UK
- Details of any unspent criminal convictions (a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position with the council)
If successful at interview, a conditional offer of employment will be made. The offer will be subject to verification of all the above and satisfactory medical clearance (you will be asked to complete a confidential medical questionnaire and return it to the council's occupational health provider).
If you will be using the council's secure network systems, a 'Basic Disclosure Certificate' will be obtained from Disclosure Scotland to confirm the accuracy of the information regarding unspent convictions.
Some positions, such as those working with children, will require a Disclosure and Barring check to be carried out. If that is applicable, there will be no need to obtain the Disclosure Scotland check.
All successful applicants will also be required to complete a declaration stating whether they are claiming benefits from the Department of Work and Pensions or housing or council tax benefit.