What can you do as a business?
- Ask your electricity supplier about switching to renewable energy
- Use energy efficient office equipment and fit energy efficient light bulbs where you can
- Run awareness campaigns to encourage staff to switch off lights, computers and other electrical equipment
- If you are a large organisation visit the Carbon Trust website for advice and support
- If you are a local SME contact Severn Wye Energy Agency to find out what support is available
- Consider ways to reduce fleet mileage and transport costs and encourage employees to use their cars less
- Businesses can also take advantage of the non-domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
It is also important to consider how climate change may affect your operations. Have a business continuity plan in place to ensure you can continue to run the business during adverse weather conditions. You may also want to consider how climate change could affect your business in the longer term and start thinking about how you may need to adapt.