Published on 17th May 2016
Councillor Steve Jordan was unanimously re-elected as leader of Cheltenham Borough Council at the selection council meeting on Monday 16 May.
Councillor Chris Coleman becomes deputy leader to replace John Rawson who stood down at the recent elections.
Councillor Jordan will continue to take the strategic lead for policy, economic development and strategic land use at the council. The other cabinet members and their portfolios are as follows:
- Councillor Andrew McKinlay, cabinet member development and safety
- Councillor Chris Coleman, cabinet member clean and green environment
- Councillor Flo Clucas, cabinet member healthy lifestyles
- Councillor Peter Jeffries, cabinet member housing
- Councillor Roger Whyborn, cabinet member corporate services
- Councillor Rowena Hay, cabinet member finance
Councilor Steve Jordan, leader said: “I would like to thank John Rawson and also Jon Walklett - who has stepped down from the cabinet to assist his recuperation from a recent operation - for all their hard work. I am confident that with our new members, we will continue to be a strong team and make a positive difference in Cheltenham.’’
The council will tackle some key issues for Cheltenham, including:
- Keeping a buoyant local economy by building on recent success in attracting major private investment and support for a Business Improvement District
- Working to ensure Cheltenham families have affordable housing while protecting valued green spaces.
- Continue running an efficient council so we can best protect local services from government cuts.
- Prioritising services with a focus on Cheltenham’s roads, pavements and street trees.
For media enquiries, please contact: Katie Sandey, communications team leader, telephone 01242 775037, email firstname.lastname@example.org