Possible disruption to waste and recycling collections following snow forecast
Published on 1st March 2018
The Met Office prediction of snow in the Cheltenham area means waste and recycling collections may be disrupted during Thursday and are likely to be disrupted on Friday and possibly into next week.
A decision on suspending waste and collection services on Thursday will be made during the day as the impact of the snow is known. Further details will be posted later in the day on Thursday 1 March 2018.
If there is a heavy snowfall overnight on Thursday 1 March 2018, all waste and recycling collections will be suspended on Friday 2 March 2018. Should the roads clear and it is safe to make catch up collections, waste and recycling which was scheduled for collection on Friday 2 March may be collected on Saturday 3 March.
If the roads are not clear of snow and it is unsafe to make collections on Saturday 3 March, all collections will be delayed by one day next week. This means that scheduled collections for next week will change as follows:
- Friday 2 March collections will be made on Monday 5 March
- Monday 5 March collections will be made on Tuesday 6 March
- Tuesday 6 March collections will be made on Wednesday 7 March
- Wednesday 7 March collections will be made on Thursday 8 March
- Thursday 8 March collections will be made on Friday 9 March
- Friday 9 March collections will be made on Saturday 10 March
Residents should present their bins as normal on Wednesday and Thursday evening just in case waste and recycling collection services are not disrupted.
Residents should check the website daily as the position might change subject to any additional snow falls over the weekend or next week.
Keep up to date by: