Waste and recycling catch up begins Monday 5 March
Published on 5th March 2018
All waste and recycling collections were suspended on Friday 2 March following snow fall and catch up begin today, Monday 5 March.
Updated: Monday 5 March at 9:15am
Public safety is our main concern and the conditions were previously unsafe for UBICO vehicles to be on the roads risking skidding on slippery surfaces and sliding into pedestrians or other vehicles.
The Met Office prediction of further snow and temperatures remaining low with a risk of ice meant that NO catch up collections took place on Saturday 3 March 2018.
Now that snow has cleared, ALL waste and recycling collections have resumed this morning, Monday 5 March, but ALL collections will be delayed by one day (this includes garden waste collections).
This means that scheduled collections for this week will change as follows:
- Friday 2 March collections will be made on Monday 5 March
- Monday 5 March collections will be made on Tuesday 6 March
- Tuesday 6 March collections will be made on Wednesday 7 March
- Wednesday 7 March collections will be made on Thursday 8 March
- Thursday 8 March collections will be made on Friday 9 March
- Friday 9 March collections will be made on Saturday 10 March
We would like to thank residents for their understanding last week following suspension of all collections on Friday due to the severe weather and apologise for any inconvenience to residents. UBICO crews continued to grit pavements and car parks as well as clear snow where safe to do so over the weekend.
Keep up to date by:
- visiting the council’s website: www.cheltenham.gov.uk/news
- Twitter: @CheltenhamBC
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/cheltbc
If residents wish to contact us regarding the collection of outstanding waste and recycling they should use our report it form www.cheltenham.gov.uk/reportit_bins. We'd like to thank residents for their patience and understanding during this time.
For media enquiries, contact: Katie Sandey, communications and web team leader, telephone 01242 264154, email email@example.com