New cabinet for Cheltenham Borough Council
Published on 14th May 2018
Councillor Steve Jordan, leader of Cheltenham Borough Council, will announce his new Liberal Democrat cabinet at the Selection Council meeting on Monday 14 May, following the borough elections 3 May.
Councillor Jordan will continue to take the strategic lead for policy, economic development and strategic land use at the council.
The other cabinet members and their portfolios are as follows:
- Councillor Peter Jeffries, cabinet member housing and deputy council leader
- Councillor Flo Clucas, cabinet member healthy lifestyles
- Councillor Chris Coleman, cabinet member clean and green environment
- Councillor Rowena Hay, cabinet member finance
- Councillor Alex Hegenbarth, cabinet member corporate services
- Councillor Andrew McKinlay, cabinet member development and safety
Councilor Steve Jordan, leader, said: “I would like to welcome Alex Hegenbarth to the cabinet and thank Roger Whyborn for his contribution as he moves to take on the role of deputy mayor. There is a lot of work to be done and I’m confident that this is a strong team to do it.’’
The cabinet have identified some key issues for Cheltenham, including:
- Progressing a major investment program to build new affordable housing
- Keeping a buoyant local economy by developing new job opportunities such as the exciting new cyber park
- Complete key projects such as building the new crematorium; refurbishing the leisure centre; carrying out the Boots Corner traffic trial and upgrading the High Street paving.
- Continue running an efficient council so we can best protect local services from government cuts.
For media enquiries, please contact: Jemima Lawson, communications officer, telephone 01242 264231, email email@example.com