Mayor asks Cheltenham to come together and support Foodbank Fund
Published on 1st June 2020
Crowdfunder and standing order donation options now available for the Mayor's Foodbank Fund
As the Covid-19 crisis continues, Mayor of Cheltenham Cllr Roger Whyborn asks residents of Cheltenham to donate to the Mayor’s Foodbank Fund and help food banks buy food and other essential items to replenish stocks.
Cheltenham Mayor Cllr Roger Whyborn said: ‘’We’ve got a fantastic history of helping one another and we need to reach out and come together for a sustained period of time as this Covid-19 crisis continues. Foodbanks really are essential as many families are finding it extraordinarily difficult to make ends meet. A food parcel for one family is £25 and while we ask people to give generously, whatever can be given would be gratefully received. As the saying goes every little helps.
‘’So far the Mayor’s fund has allocated £1,200 via £200 grants to Cheltenham Foodbank, Springbank Community Group, CCP, Family Space, St Peters and the Moors and Cheltenham Longtable.
‘’Funds to date has enabled Springbank Food Bank to purchase a much needed vacuum packer allowing fresh produce to be preserved and a gazebo for St Peters and the Moors to provide shelter for their weekly food distribution project at Saracens Football Club. We’d like to help more food banks with these types of initiative.’’
To make a one off or regular donation:
- Please consider setting up a small Standing Order ideally weekly, to Mayor of Cheltenham’s Charity Sort code 20 20 15 Account 00610720 Reference: MFBank
- Making an online donation though Crowdfunder at https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/mayors-food-bank-fund-cheltenham
- Making an online donation to www.cheltenham.gov.uk/payments and choose ‘Mayor’s Food Bank Fund’. It is a great way to support people while staying safe.
- Buy Cheltenham Lottery tickets at www.cheltenhamlottery.co.uk and search for Foodbank or at 01242 396124. 50% of ticket sales go to The Mayor’s Food Bank Fund, and you could win up to £25,000.
- Send a cheque payable to Cheltenham Borough Council and send it to Mayor’s Parlour, PO Box 12, Promenade, GL50 1PP. Please write ‘Mayor’s Food Bank Fund’ on the back and your address.
For media enquiries contact: email@example.com 01242 264332
Photo: Mayor Cllr Whyborn presenting vacuum packer to Springbank Foodbank