Heads Up Cheltenham 2021 launches with #CheltenhamUnmuted Webinar 13 May during Mental Health Awareness Week
Published on 12th May 2021
Join the Heads Up #CheltenhamUnmuted mental health and wellbeing webinar on Thursday 13 May from 6.00pm.
This week is national Mental Health Awareness Week, and as part of that, Heads Up Cheltenham will launch a webinar, #CheltenhamUnmuted, on Thursday 13 May from 6.00pm and will be available to watch on Cheltenham Borough Council’s YouTube channel.
As Heads Up Cheltenham has returned for a year-long campaign to encourage good mental health and wellbeing across the whole town, residents are encouraged to join the webinar #CheltenhamUnmuted to hear:
- A variety of speakers including Alex Burrage, Clinical Lead for Let’s Talk from Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust; and, Dr Mala Ubhi, Clinical Lead for Mental Health for NHS Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group
- A summary of the results of the #CheltenhamUnmuted survey, which will demonstrate a variety of feelings and thoughts currently experienced within the town and what might help improve residents’ mental health and wellbeing.
- The community sharing some experiences and understanding of good mental health, as well as some ideas of where support can be found.
Heads Up Cheltenham continues throughout the year, initially with a focus on help and support which is already available, and will then look at some new ideas provided by the #CheltenhamUnmuted survey to encourage good mental health and wellbeing as we move forward through 2021.
Councillor Flo Clucas, member for healthy lifestyles said: ‘’I look forward to our webinar and hope Cheltenham communities join us online to hear discussion about mental health and wellbeing as we take steps towards a brighter future. We had a good response from our online survey and I was pleased that local people took a moment to unmute themselves and tell us how they are, so that we can better understand the worries and pressures that residents and businesses are feeling.
‘’We hope to use the results of the #CheltenhamUnmuted wellbeing survey to plan a number of Heads Up Cheltenham activities that will give people the support, information, advice and guidance they need now working towards more intensive support in the future.’’
For media enquiries contact email@example.com or call 01242 264321
- Heads Up Cheltenham steering group includes: Cheltenham Borough Council, Gloucestershire Health & Care NHS Foundation Trust, Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group, Move More, Cheltenham Borough Homes, Cheltenham Education Partnership, Cheltenham Learning Partnership, The Cheltenham Trust, Gloucestershire Rural Community Council, Gloucestershire County Council and Gloucestershire Constabulary.
- During Mental Health Awareness Week 2021 (10-16 May), on Thursday 13th May #CheltenhamUnmuted survey results will be shared at the Heads Up online conference launch event. Find out more www.facebook.com/headsupchelt