Tax credits and some benefits are ending

People getting legacy benefits will have their claims transferred to Universal Credit.

The Department for Works and Pensions (DWP) is writing to people whose tax credits or benefits are ending. You must claim Universal Credit by the date on the letter to continue getting financial support.

DWP will write to you when they want to move you to Universal Credit telling you what you need to do. If your Universal Credit entitlement is less than your entitlement to legacy benefits you will receive a 'transitional amount' to top up your Universal Credit.

Local further advice and assistance can be found on our benefit advice and assistance page.