Editorial policy, disclaimer, copyright and links policy
The council's corporate internet website is published to:
- be a premium site for Cheltenham, its community and its council
- deliver 'the council that never closes.' Through accessible, comprehensive online self-service the time of day should not provide a barrier to any customer that wishes to use any of our services
people and build online communities with a common interest in Cheltenham
- build and maintain a high reputation for the council and its services
- All content must be honest, balanced and fair
- Content is included on the basis that it is of interest to residents, either by providing council services, informing them about council services, or highlighting important issues about living in, working in and visiting the borough
- The web team is responsible for making the final decision on which content is published
- Web content authors have the responsibility for ensuring the content they create is factually correct and up to date
All writing must be in plain English, using clear and concise sentences.
The council acknowledges that there are those for whom English is not their
first language living in our community. However Cheltenham is well served by a
number of ethnic community groups. These groups provide support services when
requested including interpretation and mediation with the council and other
public agencies. Speakers of French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese,
Chinese and Japanese can translate the website by typing our address, www.cheltenham.gov.uk, into the Altavista Babel Fish online translator. The
translations aren't perfect but may aid understanding for speakers of these
Jargon and technical terms will be avoided. If they must be used they will be explained.
Service or job titles which are obscure or technical may be translated into something more easily understood.
Please contact us if you require any further information.
Whilst every care has been taken in the compilation of this web site, and every attempt made to present up-to-date and accurate information, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur. Cheltenham Borough Council will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any inaccuracy or error within these pages.
Occasionally, links from our site lead to pages maintained by other organisations. These links are provided purely for your convenience, and do not imply that Cheltenham Borough Council endorses or supports those organisations, the information on their pages, or their products or services in any way. Additionally, no responsibility is assumed by Cheltenham Borough Council for the contents of its pages.
If you discover any information on our pages which you believe to be inaccurate or inappropriate, please notify us.
All material on this website, including text and graphics,
is copyright to Cheltenham Borough Council unless otherwise stated.
The text and graphic content of this web site may be used, printed and distributed only under the following conditions:
- the content of the site is used for non-commercial purposes
- copyright information is displayed (© Cheltenham Borough Council)
- the content is not modified
Our website includes links to related websites outside the borough council. These links are provided to offer users further relevant information, which they may wish to explore. Find out more in our links policy.
We are actively seeking to increase the video content on our site and encourage CBC employees, groups and indivuals to submit videos relevant to Cheltenham. Videos will be featured on the website provided they comply with the website's video policy.