This accessibility statement applies to Cheltenham Borough Council’s main website, cheltenham.gov.uk, and connected sites listed below:
- councillor and meeting information at democracy.cheltenham.gov.uk
- My Revenues and Benefits - your council tax, business rates and benefits account at openportal.cheltenham.gov.uk
- online forms at cheltenham.idoxds.com
- online maps at maps.cheltenham.gov.uk
- paying a parking fine at parking.cheltenham.gov.uk
- planning, building control and licensing applications at publicaccess.cheltenham.gov.uk
This website is run by Cheltenham Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know that our website is not fully accessible and we are working with the Shaw Trust to identify any areas which don't meet accessibility standards.
We have listed areas of the site that we know are not fully accessible and will update this when the audit of our site has been completed:
- Our homepage picture slider (carousel). When using a keyboard to tab through the carousel, focus moves off the screen. If you continue to tab two or three times focus will return to the screen
- Some PDFs are not fully accessible to screenreader software
- Live video streams of our council meetings do not have captions
- Most videos do not have audio descriptions
- Some tables may not have headers marked up to show which columns or rows they relate to (table scope)
Some of our forms may not let you use autocomplete accurately
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email email@example.com
- call 01242 264234
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible and within 7 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact the webteam:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 01242 264234
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
You can contact us using a text relay service, such as Relay UK by British Telecom, if you are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment. Our municipal offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange for British Sign Language (BSL) interpretion. Please note our offices are currently only open for appointments. Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Cheltenham Borough Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
We will provide further information on our compliance once our accessibility audit has been completed.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Our website is being audited by The Shaw Trust. We will work with them to identify and fix areas of our website that don't comply with the regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 8 January 2021. It was last reviewed on 26 January 2021. This website is being tested in February 2021. The test will be carried out by The Shaw Trust. More information will be published here once the test has been completed.