Make a claim

Please check first whether you need to claim Universal Credit rather than Housing Benefit.

If you’re eligible to claim housing benefit you can apply for this using our online form. If you are claiming or will be claiming Universal Credit you can use the same form to claim council tax support.

Apply online for housing benefit and/or council tax support

If you have moved address within Cheltenham and are still eligible to claim housing benefit then please complete the change of address form.

Need help completing the claim form?

If you still need help or have any other questions, please phone the housing benefit and council tax support helpline number on 01242 264341. If you are housebound we may be able to arrange a home visit.