Report a breach of planning

You can report a breach of planning control if you have concerns regarding a possible breach of planning control including:

  • a building, building works or any use of land
  • an unauthorised advert
  • unauthorised works to a listed building 
  • non-compliance with planning permissions or conditions/legal agreements

Only planning matters are dealt with by the planning enforcement team. Private legal matters, compliance with deeds or covenants, ownership issues, reduction in property values and neighbour disputes are not planning matters. 

When reporting a possible breach of planning control, please note that:

  • all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required and must be completed
  • your details will be kept confidential when investigating the complaint. If however, court proceedings are required, the judge may make them available in court and/or you may be called upon to provide evidence