Practical advice and guidance on how best to care for historic buildings
- Looking after your historic buildings - explains clearly why conservation is important, what listed buildings and conservation areas are, and how the legislation governing them works
- The conservation and renewal of timber windows - provides information on the historic development of timber and casement windows, practical advice on the maintenance and repair of historic windows and a useful list of dos and don'ts there is also guidance on the care, repair and upgrading of traditional windows available to download from English Heritage.
- Pointing with lime mortars - provides a practical and comprehensive guide to the use of lime, and explains why it is essential to historic buildings and how it should be used for pointing masonry
- The conservation and renewal of historic ironwork - provides design advice to property owners and those seeking to repair or reinstate traditionally designed railings on properties
- Shop front design guide (SPD) - provides useful information on issues which are beyond planning control in order to encourage high quality design solutions on shopfronts
- Regency Precepts Guide - advice on aspects of Regency design to bear in mind when altering the exterior of a Georgian building