Notice of Parking Order 2020
Notice is herby given that the Council of the Borough of Cheltenham (“the Council”) has made an Order under Sections 32 and 35 of and under Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) (“the Act”) and of all other enabling powers with the consent of Gloucestershire County Council in accordance with Section 39(3) of the Act and after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 to the Act.
The Order which came into effect on 10 February 2020 may be cited as “The Borough of Cheltenham (Off Street Parking Places) Order 2020” (“the Order”) and relates to parking places in the Borough of Cheltenham.
The effect of the Order is to revoke The Borough of Cheltenham (Off Street Parking Places) Order 2007 in its entirety and to:
- Remove Sandford Park Lido parking place from council management.
- Reiterate tariffs and restrictions in existing council parking places.
- Introduce tariffs and restrictions in the following council parking places:
- Sherborne Street
- St James Square
- Pittville Pump Room
- Albemarle Gate
- Lansdown Place Lane
- Introduce season tickets across most council parking places
- Allow Malvern Walk (Malvern Road access) to be utilised for council permit parking
- Allow the rear of Municipal Offices car park to be utilised for permit parking
- Vary disabled parking provision – first 3 hours for free – in identified council parking places, except Regent Arcade
- Reduce by 61% the available spaces at St Georges Road parking place
- Introduce electric vehicle charging point restrictions
The Order may be inspected at the reception of Cheltenham Borough Council offices, Municipal Offices, Promenade, Cheltenham, Glos GL50 9SA during normal working hours or downloaded using the links below.
- Parking Order 2020
- Schedule 1 - Car park tariffs 2020
- Schedule 2 - Permit definitions 2020
- Schedule 3 - Car park location maps 2020
Any person who wishes to question the validity of this Order or any provision contained In it on the grounds that it is not within the powers conferred by the Act on any ground that any requirement of the Act or any instrument made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to this Order may within six weeks from the date of this Notice make application to the High Court.
Dated 13 February 2020
Borough Solicitor and Monitoring Officer