No Child Left Behind
Cheltenham partners have recently commissioned a needs assessment that sets out that there is in the region of 4,300 children and young people growing up in poverty and that those children, when compared to their more affluent peers are then facing significant challenges such as poorer education attainment, higher rates of exclusion, at higher risk being victims of crime, higher risk of being obese, higher risk of being open to social care, higher risk of self-harm.
As a result, Cheltenham Borough Council and its partners have committed to a year of action, called No Child Left Behind, that will:
- Highlight the issue of children growing up in poverty in Cheltenham and the inequality between them and their more affluent peers
- Start to address the inequality gap beginning with 12 month programme of events and activities
- Be a call to action for all sectors to work together to make transformational change over the longer-term
Throughout the year partners from all sectors are encouraged to think about how they can give young people, especially those living in poverty or facing other disadvantages, a 'leg up'. When devising these activities they should consider the three points above.
Core partners, including Cheltenham Trust, Cheltenham Borough Homes, CCP, Gloucestershire constabulary, Schools, Gloucestershire Rural Community Council, GDASS (and others who have helped us when their expertise was needed) will be hosting at least one event or activity each month, in line with our themes.
January - #OurTown
Starting the conversation - In January No Child Left Behind called together experts, organisational leads, voluntary services, residents and anyone else who wanted to know more. around 100 people atended and pledged their support to the project, offering everything from free venues, training, big ideas and their own activities and events.
- Cheltenham Children's needs assessment
- No Child Left Behind presentation
- No Child Left Behind calendar
- No Child Left Behind ambitious careers interest poster
- No Child Left Behind partnership opportunities
- Logos and branding material
February - #PositiveRelationships
May - #CelebratingChildhood
April - #StrongFamilies
- Inspiring Families Prospectus
- ACEs Handout Takeaway
- Action on ACEs Gloucestershire information
- Action on ACEs website
- VIG leaflet for parents and carers
- Resilience and relationships presentation
- Relationships in the 21st century: the forgotten foundation of mental health and wellbeing
- Resilience framework (adults)
- Resilience framework (family resilience)
- Resilience framework with Marton Primary
- Resilience framework (children and young people)
Make a payment
Keep up to date
If you would like to find out more or get involved please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.