Community Pride grants
The community pride fund supports community-owned projects that will build up community pride and enable local groups to be more influential in supporting their communities and improving their neighbourhoods.
Community Pride Grants 2021
The 2021 Community Pride pot is now closed. Applications for next year's pot will open in spring 2022.
In 2021 Cheltenham Borough Council has a pot of funding, worth £30,000, to allocate to local good causes, and we are now inviting applications for funding to support community pride projects across Cheltenham.
The funding will be made available to support community-owned projects that will build up community pride and enable local groups to be more influential in supporting their communities and improving their neighbourhoods.
£30,000 is available to match-fund community-led projects, up to the value of £5,000 to fund the following:
- Community-led projects that enable local businesses and their workforces to thrive
- Community-led projects that enable people and communities to thrive and that support physical and mental wellbeing
- Community-led projects that enable culture and creativity to thrive in Cheltenham
- Community-led projects that target inequality and help to reduce the impact of children growing up in poverty.
Grants previously allocated
Community Pride Grants allocated 2020
Community Pride Grants were paused for 2020 and the pot encompassed into the Community Resilience Grant fund to support the Covid-19 response.
Community Pride Grants allocated 2019-20
- Building Circles: Reducing social isolation in adults with learning disabilities through allotments and cookery - £1,800.
- Men In Sheds: Work Away Tool Set for use when away from the base - £890.
- Cheltenham West End Partnership: Lower High Street Area Fun Day, celebrating Cheltenham's diversity - £1,500.
- Indian Association Cheltenham: The Hindu Community Centre Kitchen Refurbishment project - £2,500.
- Pride in Gloucestershire: Pride in Gloucestershire Cheltenham Picnic in the Park 2020 - £1,000
- Cheltenham Trust (Wilson Arts Collective): Alternative Art and Performance for Young People aged 13-19 years - £3,000.
- Prestbury Parish Council: New Prestbury Community Open Space - community seating and tree protectors - £1,000.
- SPACE (St Pauls Activities, Community & Events): Summer Activities - for children in the summer holidays - £1,400.
- University of Gloucestershire: Discover Cheltenham’s Wildlife - £940
- Cheltenham Neighbourhood Watch Association: New CNHWA website, improvement in availability and content - £1,500.
- Friends of Hatherley Park: Pitch Perfect - a boules pitch with notice board and benches - £2,500.
- Goals Beyond Grass: Goals Beyond Grass Outreach Program - Cheltenham, taking power chair football to care homes, adult opportunity centres and SEN schools - £2,400.
- Holst Birthplace Trust: Holst on the move - creation of 2 loans boxes for outreach sessions - £2,000.
- Midsummer Fiesta: Midsummer Fiesta 2020 - £2,000.
- G Café: development of arden and Green Gym - £3,000.
- St Pauls Residents Association: St Paul’s Parties and Parades - a street party, and Advent Lantern Parade and craft workshops - £1,725.
- Hesters Way Partnership: Creative West - Easter and Summer holiday scheme for 2010 for 5 - 16 year olds to learn practical skills and produce creative work across a range of venues - £3,100.
Total grants allocated in 2019-20 - £32,255.
Community Pride Grants allocated 2018-19
- The Rock: Children's Cooking Club - £2,500.
- Boccia Busters CIC: Boccia Busters -Let's Roll Cheltenham - £2,000.
- Cheltenham Connect: Bath Road Utility Boxes Enhancements - £2,193.
- Cheltenham Whaddon Bowls Club: Installation of disabled toilet facilities - £2,500.
- Cheltenham West End Partnership: Lower High Street Festival - £2,250
- Midsummer Fiesta: Midsummer Fiesta 2019 - £2,500.
- Benhall Residents Association: Community Pride Planters and Seating - £600.
- Cheltenham Christian Arts: Encounter, Cheltenham Christian Arts Festival 2019 - £1,050.
- Gloucestershire Credit Union: Developing Gloucestershire Credit Union in Cheltenham - £3,392.
- The Holst Birthplace Trust: Twinkle Twinkle - Early Years in St Pauls - £1,695.
- St Pauls Residents Association: Artisans of St Pauls - Creative Christmas and Box Fresh - £1,805.
- Up Hatherley Parish Council: Village Hall Refurbishment - £2,589.
- Cheltenham Paint Festival: Cheltenham Paint Festival 2019 - £3,000.
- Cheltenham Open Studios: Cheltenham Open Studio Website Update - £2,000.
Total grants allocated in 2018-19 - £30,074.
Community Pride Grants allocated 2017-18
- St Paul’s Road Area Residents’ Association (SPRA): St Pauls lantern parade and Street watch project - £600.
- Cheltenham Festivals: Community developed opera to share local stories - £4,200.
- Cheltenham Christian Arts: Festival of stars - £600.
- Charlton Kings Parish Council: Creating a community hub - phase 1 - £775.
- Cheltenham West End Partnership: Cheltenham Together World Fun Day - £1,850.
- Cheltenham Midsummer Fiesta: Midsummer Fiesta Event - £2,000.
- Friends of Pittville (FOP): Learning in Pittville Park - £1,000.
- Hesters Way Partnership: KGV public art planting scheme - £2,844.
- Holst Birthplace Museum: Bake back in time: St Pauls - £2,225.
- Oakley Community Association: Oakley scooter skate park - £5,000.
- Paragon Parade Conservation Group (PPCG): Paragon Parade, sustainable planting and railing plinths project (Bath Road) - £3,100.
- Friends of Sandford: Preparation of bed and planting of shrubs next to petanque courts in Sandford Park - £550.
- Fiery Angel Community Benefit Society: Re-opening of The Fiery Angel pub as a community space - £3,500.
- Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust: Hedgehog Way - £397.
- Prestbury Parish Council: Prestbury Village Fair 2018 - £550.
- Up Hatherley Parish Council: Mini Park – corner of Wards Road and Hatherley Road - £3,170.
- Naunton Area Residents Association (NARA): Adoption and renovation of The Triangle green space - £2,118.
Total grants allocated in 2017-18 - £34,479.
Community Pride Grants allocated 2016-17
Up Hatherley Parish Council: Lighting on non-Highway Footpath - Up Hatherley - £2,000.
Cheltenham and Tewkesbury Branch, Royal National Lifeboat Institution: Commemoration of the launch of the Cheltenham Lifeboat at Pittville Upper Lake, October 1866 - £875.
Cheltenham Hebrew Congregation: Judaism: Educational Resources - £1,110.
Cheltenham West End Partnership: Cheltenham Together Annual Culture Share event - £1,500.
Holst Birthplace Museum: Events Programme with Pop Up Victorian Cafe - £3,000.
The Rock: St Peter’s and the Moors Community Café - £1,000.
Fairview Community Association (FCA): Fairview Community Fireworks Party - £1,500.
Cheltenham Open Studios (COS): COS17 - £2,000.
The Friends of Hatherley Park: Plant up that space - £611.
SPRA: 1) St Paul’s Local History day, 2) Front garden award, 3) New community noticeboard, 4) Additional litter bins - £695.
Prestbury Parish Council: Provision of security gates to the Blacksmith’s Lane Allotment Garden - £1,500.
African Community Foundation: Black History Month Cheltenham - £2,000.
Cheltenham Midsummer Fiesta: Midsummer Fiesta - £2,500.
Cheltenham Christian Arts: Cheltenham Christian Arts Festival 2017 - £2,500.
Cheltenham Minster Bell Appeal: Cheltenham Minster Bell Appeal - £1,000.
Charlton Kings Youth and Community Centre: Charlton Kings Youth and Community Centre – Kitchenette for All Users - £1,500.
Total grants allocated 2016-17 - £25,291.
Community Pride Grants allocated 2015-16
Up Hatherley Parish Council: Benches in Chargrove and Redthorne Way Open Spaces - £651.
Holst Birthplace Trust: Holst in your Neighbourhood - £3,000.
Cheltenham Business Partnership: Christmas Festival of Fun - £3,000.
Cheltenham Business Partnership: Christmas Festival of Fun funding to pay for Frozen characters - £600.
Cheltenham Festivals: A Way with Words - £2,500.
Cheltenham Poetry Festival: Cheltenham Poetry Festival Outreach - £2,000.
African Community Foundation: Black History Month - £3,000.
Cheltenham West End Partnership on behalf of Cheltenham Together: Cheltenham Together - £1,700.
Vision 21: Umbrella incorporating 'Shedlike' and 3Rs (Recycling Racegoers Refuse) - £1,366.
Midsummer Fiesta in Montpellier: Midsummer Fiesta in Montpellier - £2,000.
Cheltenham in Bloom: Enhancing a Gateway of The Town – Part Two - £1,250.
SPRA: SPRA community projects (several components) - £1,621.
The Montpellier Association: Montpellier Street Roundabout / Planter and Winter Lights for trees in Montpellier Walk - £3,400.
Suffolk Traders: Suffolks’ Street Art: A scheme designed to display and celebrate artistic talent that reflects the history, community and creative diversity of the Suffolks area - £5,000.
Benhall Residents Association: Benhall Park underpass / bridge wall art phase 2 - £750.
The Rock: St Peter’s and the Moors Community Cafe - £1,645.
Fairview Community Association (FCA): Fairview Stakeholders’ Marketplace - £1,120.
Clifton Catholic Diocesan Trust: Charlton Kings Film Society - £2,000.
Friends of Hatherley Park: Take Notice! - £640.
County Community Projects (CCP): Involve Gloucestershire (Cheltenham) - £3,200.
Saint Stephen’s Parish Church: Saint Stephen’s Roof Appeal - £3,500.
Cheltenham Saracens: Football Academy for young players - £300.
Cheltenham Christian Arts: Cheltenham Christian Arts Festival 2016 - £2,025.
The Cheltenham Trust: Rugby World Cup 2015 celebrations - £1,500.
Total grants allocated 2015-16 - £47,768.