Cooling tower notification

Licence summary

If you control non-domestic premises, you must tell us if you have a cooling tower or evaporative condenser on the premises.

Cooling towers and evaporative condensers help to remove excess heat from sites like power stations or chemical plants.

Notification must be in writing (including by electronic means) on a form approved by the Health and Safety Executive.

You must also notify us in writing of any changes to the notification information within one month of the change.

If the device ceases to be a notifiable device you must notify us in writing as soon as possible.

Eligibility criteria

The legislation does not specify eligibility criteria.

Regulation summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence.

Application evaluation process

The legislation does not specify an evaluation process.

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target completion period



Failed Application Redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

Licence Holder Redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Trade associations

There are no relevant trade associations.