Embrace your Valentine: Enjoy a special evening at The Wilson on Friday 14 February
Published on 5th February 2014
Do something really special this Valentine’s Day, and visit The Wilson, Cheltenham’s newly reopened art gallery and museum in Clarence Street.
The Wilson will be opening for a special late night from 6pm to 10pm on 14 February, and visitors can view the new Embrace exhibition which has been inspired by love, and be amongst the first to see Rodin’s world famous sculpture The Kiss.
Access to the galleries is free of charge. As well as seeing the exhibition Embrace, it’s a chance to see the redisplayed Arts & Crafts Gallery, the new Fine Art Gallery and other treasures in the permanent collections.
Sophia Wilson, exhibitions team leader, says: “Following in Rodin’s romantic footsteps, why not bring your loved one along to enjoy the galleries and supper in The Wilson Café. There will be delicious food and wine following a French theme and the songs of Edith Piaff sung by the captivating Eve Loiseau who is accompanied by J Woodfield on accordion.”
Loiseau, who is half French, is enchanting in her renditions of these passionate songs. She has given recitals in England, France and New York, and is recognised for her success in capturing the spirit of Edith Piaff.
The tantalising three course dinner is priced at £30 per person and offers a host of mouth-watering courses (and must be booked in advance). For tickets please contact The Wilson, Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum on 01242 237431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cllr Rowena Hay, cabinet member for sport and culture, says: “It’s great that we can now offer such special events at The Wilson. The gallery and our new café spaces are incredibly flexible and this is a ideal opportunity to enjoy a romantic and memorable experience of fine dining and art at the same time.”
For further information on the Embrace exhibition visit www.thewilson.org.uk.
To book a place, please contact The Wilson, Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum on 01242 237431 or email email@example.com
Contact for media enquiries: Sophia Wilson, exhibitions team leader, telephone 01242 775711 or email Sophia.firstname.lastname@example.org
· Classic French Onion Soup with garlic Brie Croutons
· Smoked Salmon rillette, pickled Cornichon salsa, red pepper chutney and toasted Ciabatta.
· Pan roasted British assured chicken on a pancetta, butter bean, tomato & balsamic roasted vegetable stew.
· Pan fried sweet potato gnocchi in a roasted butternut squash, wild mushroom & basil Pesto warm rocket salad topped with shaved Port Salut cheese
(All of the above mains are served with bowls of seasonal vegetables and ratatouille)
· Double Chocolate mousse topped with crushed honey comb and served with a tuile biscuit
· Classic French Crème Brulee
· Cheese Course Additional supplement of £4.50 pp
· Selection of French cheeses with chutneys and oatcakes