Published on 28th February 2014
After holding the award for an impressive 18 years, Cheltenham Borough Council has retained its Investors in People award for a further three years.
In the face of recent financial and structural changes, this reinforces the council’s commitment to investing in its biggest asset – its workforce.
Organisations that achieve the Investors in People award have increased levels of productivity and employee engagement, lower staff turnover and sickness rates and lower recruitment costs.
Chief executive of Cheltenham Borough Council, Andrew North, says: “Receiving this award once again shows Cheltenham Borough Council is an organisation that invests in its people. Considering the amount of change the council has seen in the face of tough financial times, the award is deserved recognition for all the hard work the employees have done.”
John Telfer, Managing director of Investors in People South, said: “Cheltenham Borough Council should be congratulated for the way in which management and staff have come together to produce real results. I hope other organisations in the industry will look to them as a great example of what can be achieved.”
For media enquiries, contact: Tom Wheatly, web and communications apprentice, email: [email protected] or telephone: 01242 775192
Notes to editors:
About investors in people:
- Investors in People offers a practical, flexible and easy to use framework for improving business productivity, performance and competitiveness in organisations of all types and sizes through food practice in people management
- An organisation that has achieved Investors in People has been successful in adopting and maintaining its three fundamental principles:
- Plan – developing strategies to improve the performance of the organisation, from business goals to leadership strategies;
- Do – implementing those strategies, taking action to improve the performance of the organisation; and
- Review – evaluating and adjusting those strategies, measuring their impact on the performance of the organisation