£50,000 funding available for community projects
Published on 23rd April 2014
Cheltenham Borough Council is now inviting applications for a pot of funding worth £50,000 that is ready to be allocated to support Community Pride projects across Cheltenham.
e funding will be made available to support community projects that will build up community pride and enable local groups to be more influential in supporting their communities and improving their neighbourhoods.
This year we have two pots of funding:
- Up to £50,000 will be made available through community pride grants to match-fund community-led projects, up to the value of £5,000. We are particularly interested in projects that will build up community pride either through community-led projects that will:
- improve the physical environment of their neighbourhood
- bring communities together through cultural activities and celebrations
- increase the recognition, economic viability and sustainability of local commercial areas.
- Up to £4,000 will also be made available via community-building grants to community and voluntary sector groups to run small-scale projects, events and activities to help them support the well-being of their neighbourhood up to the value of £300.
Richard Gibson, strategy and engagement manager said: “I am pleased that the council once again is able to set up and run the community pride fund. 2014 will be the eighth year of the council’s community pride scheme which has allocated just over £300,000 to match-fund around 140 community-based projects that have improved and enhanced the public realm.
“The success of community pride is down to the fantastic range of voluntary and community groups that we have in Cheltenham that are willing to go that bit further to improve their neighbourhood.”
The closing date for applications to the community pride grant fund is 5pm on Monday 23 June.
For more information, and to apply, visit www.cheltenham.gov.uk/communitypride.
For press enquiries, please contact Lisa Davies on 01242 775037 or firstname.lastname@example.org