Community pride project fund set for boost of £30k
Published on 25th March 2021
A £30,000 pot of funding is being made available to Cheltenham’s local good causes and community projects.
Cheltenham Borough Council is encouraging funding applications from community-owned projects with the ambition that support given will build up community pride and enable local groups to be more influential in supporting their communities and improving their neighbourhoods.
Cllr Rowena Hay, leader of the council said: “We’ve seen such resilience in our communities during the pandemic and we would love to see this sense of community spirit shine through with applications from across Cheltenham.
“The council has supported hundreds of community based projects since the community pride scheme started in 2007 and we look forward to hearing about the exciting project ideas put forward for 2021.”
Who can apply?
- Community-led projects that enable local businesses and their workforces to thrive
- Community-led projects that enable people and communities to thrive and that support physical and mental wellbeing
- Community-led projects that enable culture and creativity to thrive in Cheltenham
- Community-led projects that target inequality and help to reduce the impact of children growing up in poverty.
What funding is available?
There are two pots of funding available.
Up to £30,000 will be made available via community pride grants to match-fund community-led projects, up to the value of £5,000.
Up to £4,000 will also be made available through Community Building grants to community and voluntary sector groups to run small-scale projects, events and activities to help them support the well-being of their neighbourhood up to the value of £300.
Application guidelines and an application form can be found at: www.cheltenham.gov.uk/communitypride.
For media enquiries contact: email@example.com or 01242 264321
Cheltenham Borough Council has adopted a place vision for Cheltenham. This year the council would like to use its community pride fund to support this place vision and its ambitions for Cheltenham.
We want Cheltenham to be a place:
- Where all our people and the communities they live in thrive;
- Where culture and creativity thrives, celebrated and enjoyed throughout the year;
- Where businesses and their workforces thrive; and
- Where everyone thrives.
These are the ambitions that we want Cheltenham to be known for.
- Cheltenham enables business growth by being better connected.
- Champions physical and mental wellbeing.
- Internationally renowned for its culture, heritage, food and sport.
Additionally, Cheltenham Borough Council and its partners have committed to highlighting and addressing the issue of children growing up in poverty and the inequality between them and their more affluent peers though the No Child Left Behind project.