Have your say on future development for your area
Published on 12th December 2011
Joint Core Strategy consultation starts today.
We want you to have your say on the future development of Cheltenham, Gloucester and Tewkesbury Borough as part of a major consultation, which is being launched today (Tuesday, 13 December).
The consultation document, called "Developing the Preferred Option", will help to inform a Joint Core Strategy (JCS), which is a partnership between Gloucester City, Cheltenham Borough and Tewkesbury Borough councils.
The strategy will set out the three councils long-term approach to new development, climate change and the environment up to 2031.
The consultation document looks at the potential number of homes and amount of land for employment use that will need to be provided across the area for the next 20 years, as well as those areas that should be protected and enhanced. The document, which is based on a wide range of evidence, sets out different scenarios through which this may be achieved.
There will a range of exhibitions, presentations and seminars throughout the consultation period, which runs until 12 February 2012. There will also be summary leaflets available at libraries in each area and at each of the council offices.
The councils recognise that there will be many opinions about how the areas can be shaped in the future and the purpose of the consultation document is to find out what those opinions are.
Andrew North, Chair of the Joint Core Strategy Member Steering Board said: This will be one of the most significant consultations we have ever carried out. Development is an emotive issue so we hope that lots of residents will come forward and tell us what they think.
The Joint Core Strategy, which we hope to publish early in 2014, will set out the scale and location of housing and employment development for the next 20 years and by doing so will profoundly affect the character of Cheltenham and Gloucester as well as land within Tewkesbury Borough. It should matter to everyone who lives, works, visits or cares about the area, so we want people's views.
Everyone is invited to have their say on the consultation document comments can be made on a wide range of issues, including the potential locations, the evidence used to produce the proposed housing requirements or on the document itself.
For a full list of planned consultation activities across the three areas, please visit the Joint Core Strategy website.
The consultation document will be published for public consultation and be available to view, download and comment on at: www.gct-jcs.org.
Copies of the proposals are also available for public inspection free of charge at:
- Gloucester City Council, Herbert Warehouse, The Docks Gloucester: open Monday to Friday 8.45am 5.00pm
- Cheltenham Borough Council, Municipal Offices, Promenade, Cheltenham: open Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm, Wednesday 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Tewkesbury Borough Council, Council Offices, Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury: open Monday to Thursday 8.30am 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am 4.00pm
- Cotswold District Council, Trinity Road, Cirencester: open Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Forest of Dean District Council, High Street, Coleford: open Monday to Thursday 9.00am 4.45pm, Friday 9.00am 4.30pm
- Stroud District Council, Ebley Mill, Westward Road, Stroud: open Monday to Friday 8.45am 5.00pm, Friday 8.45am 4.30pm
- Gloucestershire County Council, Shire Hall, Westgate Street, Gloucester: open Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
and at the following libraries and resource centres (please contact to confirm opening times):
- Gloucester Library, Brunswick Road, Gloucester (01452 426978)
- Cheltenham Central Library, Clarence Street, Cheltenham (01242 532687)
- Tewkesbury Library, Sun Street, Tewkesbury (0845 2305420)
- Hucclecote Library, Hucclecote Road, Gloucester (01452 619577)
- Longlevens Library, Church Road, Longlevens, Gloucester (01452 525952)
- Matson Library, Winsley Road, Gloucester (01452 524370)
- Quedgeley Library, Bristol Road, Quedgeley (01452 721233)
- Tuffley Library, Windsor Drive, Tuffley (01452 522160)
- Charlton Kings Library, Church Street, Charlton Kings, Cheltenham (0845 2305420)
- Hesters Way Library, Goldsmith Road, Cheltenham (0845 2305420)
- Prestbury Library, The Burgage, Prestbury (0845 2305420)
- Up Hatherley Library, Caernarvon Road, Cheltenham (0845 2305420)
- Bishops Cleeve Library, Tobyfield Road (0845 2305420)
- Winchcombe Library, Back Lane, Winchcombe (0845 2305420)
- Brockworth Library, Moorfield Road, Brockworth (0845 2305420)
- Churchdown Library, Parton Road, Churchdown (0845 2305420)
- Hesters Way Community Resource Centre, Cassin Drive, Cheltenham (01242 521319)
- Grove Street Resource Centre, Grove Street, Cheltenham (01242 227737)
- Oakley Community Resource Centre, Clyde Crescent, Cheltenham (01242 516960)
- Gloucester Citizens Advice Bureau, Eastgate Street, Gloucester (01452 527202)
- Cheltenham Citizens Advice Bureau, St James Square, Cheltenham (01242 522491)
There will also be a series of public exhibition with the Joint Core Strategy team:
- 4 January from 5.30pm to 8.30pm at Uckington and Elmstone Hardwicke Village Hall
- 5 January from 4.30pm to 7.30pm at Highnam Parish Rooms
- 9 January from 3pm to 6pm at Churchdown Community Centre
- 12 January from 2.30pm to 5.30pm at Shurdington Social Centre
- 13 January from 10am to 5pm at Eastgate Centre, Gloucester
- 14 January from 10am to 5pm at Kings Walk, Gloucester
- 17 January from 5pm to 8pm at Brockworth Community Centre
- 18 January from 5.30pm to 8.30pm at Ashchurch Village
- 20 January and 1 February from 10am to 1pm at Tewkesbury Town Hall
- 20 and 21 January from 10am to 5pm at Regents Arcade, Cheltenham
- 26 January from 5.30pm to 8.30pm at St Michaels Church Hall
- 30 January from 2.30pm to 5.30pm at Dumbleton Village Hall
- 31 January from 5.30pm to 8.30pm at Winchcombe School
- 2 February from 2.30pm to 5.30pm at Apperley Village Hall
Comments on this consultation can be made:
- online at www.gct-jcs.org
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by completing a questionnaire to be found at the above locations and returning via post to:
Joint Core Strategy Team, Municipal Offices, Promenade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 9SA.
For a full list of exhibitions and seminars, please visit www.gct-jcs.org.