Tenants invited to bid for new St Paul’s homes
Published on 19th July 2012
Tenants can now put their name forward for one of the fantastic new homes being built as part of Cheltenham Borough Homes’ (CBH) large scale regeneration of St Paul’s.
On 18 July the online bidding process opened and CBH is now looking to find the first new lucky tenants to move in to one of the 30 homes ranging from 1 bed flats to 4 bed houses in the St Pauls Walk development.
Due to be completed later on this year, 10 of the properties have been reserved for existing CBH tenants and CBH is urging those tenants who would like to move to the St Pauls development to bid for one of the new homes.
Bids can be put forward via Gloucestershire Homeseeker, the choice based lettings scheme. The current banding system will apply for the St Paul s properties but anyone can apply and all applications will be considered.
Paul Stephenson, Acting Chief Executive at CBH said: We are delighted to have reached the stage of now finding tenants to move into St Pauls Walk. This development has been a great success and has already made a huge difference to the St Pauls area as alongside the new properties, we have transformed existing homes and worked hard to support the community.
We are also pleased to be able to offer our existing tenants the chance to live in one of these new properties. With such a wide range of homes on offer we are hoping to receive applications from tenants who want to either downsize or have a growing family and would like to move to a larger home.
The homes have all been built to Level 4 Code for Sustainable Homes. They will offer tenants big savings on their fuel bills thanks to:
- photo-voltaic panels - which will contribute a high percentage of free electricity to the development
- high efficiency gas-combi boilers
- high level of insulation in walls and loft space
- double glazed windows
- Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery (MVHR) which recovers 91% of the heat from the outgoing air and transfers it to the incoming air, and removes contaminated wet air from kitchens, bathrooms and other rooms
Tenants will move in a phased basis as each part of the development is handed over by construction company Wates.
Prospective tenants can bid for the properties at www.gloshomeseeker.co.uk
18 homes on the site are also available on a shared ownership basis. Ideal for first time buyers, a 25% share in the property can be bought, with the remaining share being rented with the opportunity to buy more in the future. For more information visit www.cheltborohomes.org, call 0845 6010 878 or to express an interest email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for editors
Transforming St Pauls:
Since 2005 CBH has been working closely with local residents to deliver the Transforming St Pauls scheme which is regenerating the area, making it an attractive place to live now and in the future. 48 new affordable homes are being built and work to improve 90 existing homes has already finished.
Cheltenham Borough Homes:
- CBH is one of the top rated ALMOs (Arms Length Management Organisations) in the country. ALMOs are not for profit companies that run social housing services for their local council
- Currently CBH manage and maintain around 5,000 tenant and leasehold properties with an overall satisfaction level of 85%, placing them in the top ten ALMOs nationally
- The organisations approach to community development and participation; governance and equality and diversity has been recognised as good practice nationally
- CBH continue to develop excellent services by working closely with customers. It will include building new homes and continuing to regenerate communities whilst tackling issues of worklessness and addressing social enterprise
For further information visit: www.cheltborohomes.org
Press contact: Catherine Best e: email@example.com t: 01242 775317