The council will remove dead animals from public areas*

You can report a dead animal using our online report it form or by telephoning customer services on 01242 262626.

*Land owners are responsible for dead animals on private land and property.

Reporting dead wild birds

What do do if you find a dead or sick wild bird.

Deceased pets

All deceased pets which have been involved in motoring incidents are collected by Ubico and taken to the Swindon Road Depot where they are scanned to try and establish contact details for the owner. If the pet is microchipped and the details show on the scanner then Ubico will make contact with the owner and give them the news - the pet is then taken to be cremated.

Unfortunately we are unable to store deceased pets at the site and therefore owners are not able to collect the remains and make their own burial/cremation arrangements.