PublicAccess is an online service that allows you to view details of existing applications for planning permission and other consents.
To access the system, please click on the disclaimer button below:
Register and receive notifications on PublicAccess
Registering for PublicAccess allows you to make comments on applications, keep track of particular applications and receive email notifications for when tracked applications are progressed.
Using this service you can:
- monitor the progress of existing applications
- submit comments about applications (note that these will be published)
- view a weekly list of applications received and validated
- view details of some historic applications
- view property details referenced from a map
- search for planning appeals and for enforcement action that has been taken
How to register on Public Access
You can register for Public Access by following our simple step-by-step guide below:
- Step 1: Go to Public Access
- Step 2: Select the Register button from the navigation bar
- Step 3: Enter your details and follow the registration instructions
- Step 4: We will send you an email to confirm/activate your account
- Step 5: Once activated select the Login button
- Step 6: Enter your login details
You are now logged in and can comment and keep track of applications
How to receive notifications on Public Access
You can receive notifications from Public Access by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Go to Public Access
- Step 2: Enter your login details (if you haven't already registered, see steps above)
- Step 3: Search for current applications you would like to receive notifications for
- Step 4: Select the 'Track' button above the Application Summary
- You will now be notified via email when the tracked application has any status changes.
- Step 5: You can also use the Map Search to zoom in, view and use the tools to save a search are to be notified on.
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the council are protected by the Copyright Act (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only download or print material for consultation purposes. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner (the applicant/ agent/ architect). You may, however, make copies of decision notices and reports provided the copies are not altered in any way.
You cannot make copies of any Ordnance Survey (OS) plans on the online system and submit these with a planning application. To do so would breach our OS licence.
Limitations of the service
Please note that you cannot make full use of this online service at all times - from 2:30am the service is routinely withdrawn for daily maintenance.
The database includes only those records which Cheltenham Borough Council hold on computer. It is not a complete database of all information held by the council.
You should not rely on information from this site as an alternative to traditional searches where completeness of information is essential. While we take great care to ensure that the information provided on this site is accurate, we cannot accept any liability or responsibility should you rely on the information provided and ultimately find it to have been incorrect or incomplete. If you have any reason to suspect that the information is incorrect, please contact planning services immediately so that we can investigate and make any corrections as soon as possible.
Problems with PublicAccess
If you experience any problems, please email [email protected]