We are committed to being an employer of choice where everyone is treated fairly and feels valued and supported. We aim to provide a stimulating and rewarding working environment which encourages our people to work together, provides opportunities for them to reach their full potential and achieve a healthy work/life balance.
Our package of benefits includes:
Excellent pension scheme
Some key features of the excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) are:
- life cover and a pension for your spouse, civil partner or eligible cohabiting partner and eligible children in the event of your death in service
- the option to take flexible retirement. If you reduce your hours or move to a less senior position at or after age 55 you can, subject to agreement, take some or all of the benefits you have already built up, helping you ease into retirement.
- flexibility to pay more or less contributions
Generous holiday entitlement
Starting at 25 days and increasing each year to reach 30 days after five years. Part-time employees receive a pro rata entitlement of 25 days. There is also an opportunity to buy and sell leave.
In recognition of the importance of work life balance, we aim to provide a flexible and agile working environment. It may depend on the job role, but we want to provide opportunities to work from home or elsewhere and flexibility in how hours are worked, with schemes such as flexitime or a reduced working week.
A comprehensive programme of learning and development that is available to all our people. In addition to our e-learning system which provides a huge range of courses and awareness training, we also support career and personal development through in-house courses and working with colleges and professional institutions.
A commitment to health and wellbeing
- Free and confidential access to an employee counselling service
- Promotional campaigns to support health and wellbeing initiatives
- Awareness training in all subjects related to health and wellbeing
- Specific policies and procedures to provide support
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- Free eye tests and a contribution towards glasses if needed for computer work
We have also signed up to the TUC’s Dying to Work campaign.
Further benefits include:
- up to two days time off for volunteering in the community
- maternity and paternity schemes which offer more than the statutory schemes
- a cycle to work scheme provided by Cycle Solutions . It’s a government backed initiative that enables employees to get a bike and/or cycling accessories to use for riding to work whilst making tax and NI savings from their gross pay
- low cost town centre parking for some jobs, depending on work location
- local staff discounts