You've changed your name
To change your name on the electoral register, you have two options:
Update your name online
Go to www.gov.uk/register-to-vote with your National Insurance number and complete the online form. You will be asked if you have ever changed your name, select yes and provide your most recent previous name. Providing your previous name will help avoid any irregularities.
Provide us with evidence
For this option, please provide a copy of one of the following:
- Marriage or civil partnership certificate
- Overseas marriage or civil partnership certificate
- Amended birth certificate
- Deed poll
You can provide the evidence in numerous ways:
- By email - scan or take a photo of the document and send it to email@example.com. Please provide your details in the email.
- By post - send a copy of the document, along with a covering letter to: Elections and registration section, Cheltenham Borough Council, Municipal Offices, Promendade, Cheltenham, GL50 9SA.
- In person - bring the document to the address above and we can take a copy for you.
If you are not able to complete the online form and do not have any of the above documents available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01242 264132.