Future elections being held in Cheltenham
A borough council by-election for the Battledown ward will be held on Thursday 9 February 2023.
Visit our types of election pages for information on how each type of election works.
Cheltenham Borough Council - Battledown ward by-election
An election to fill one vacancy in the Battledown ward of Cheltenham Borough Council will be held on Thursday 9 February.
Further information and relevant documents will be made available below as they are published:
- Notice of election - Battledown ward by-election
- Statement of persons nominated - Battledown ward by-election
- Notice of appointment of agents - Battledown ward by-election
- Notice of poll - Battledown ward by-election
How to vote
- To vote in these elections you need to be registered. Applications of registration must reach Cheltenham Borough Council, Municipal Offices, Promenade, GL50 9SA by Tuesday 24 January 2023. To register to vote please visit GOV UK website.
- Please note that if you are voting in person for this election you will not be required to supply voter ID.
- Polling stations are a safe place to vote but there are other options. In order to vote by post or proxy, please download a postal vote application or proxy application and send to email@example.com or Electoral Services, Municipal Offices, Promenade, Cheltenham, GL50 9SA.
- Postal vote applications, postal proxy applications, amendments or cancellations must reach Cheltenham Borough Council by 5pm on Wednesday 25 January 2023.
- Applications to vote by proxy at these elections must reach Cheltenham Borough Council by 5pm on Wednesday 1 February 2023.
- You can apply to vote by emergency proxy at the upcoming election if you become ill or if your occupation, service or employment means that you cannot go to the polling station in person and you only become aware of that fact after the deadline of 5pm on Wednesday 1 February 2023. All emergency proxy application forms must reach Cheltenham Borough Council by 5pm on Thursday 9 February 2023.