Arrange a bulky item collection
We offer a special collection service for items that do not fit into a standard wheeled bin or dustbin, or weigh more than 25kg. There is a charge of £19.50 per unit for this service. A unit is equivalent to a double bed and mattress or a standard cooker. We also collect three piece suites, fridges, freezers and many other household items as part of this service
- the collection address must be within Cheltenham borough
- collections can only be booked on receipt of payment
- bulky items will be charged at different rates according to their size/weight
- one unit is £19.50
- some items are classed as half units and some as two units
- all collections will be rounded up to the nearest unit.
For example 1 and a half units will be rounded up to 2 units: £39
- a three piece suite based on five seats will cost £29.25
- items must be outside of the property for collection
- collections are made from 7.30am
- we are not able to guarantee a collection time
Our conditions of collection are:
- that items for collection are owned by you, and you have requested them to be removed
- that you are responsible for moving the items to the agreed collection point outside your property where they can easily be collected (for example on the driveway), which is done at your own risk
- that the council's insurance policy does not allow for its employees to assist in moving items to the collection point. If, in exceptional circumstances, council employees assist in moving items to the collection point, then this will be entirely at your own risk
- the items for collection will be placed in an area that is easily accessible and not likely to cause injury or inconvenience
- that only items listed on the application for bulky items collection will be removed
Refunds can only be made if cancellations are requested at least 3 working days before the scheduled date of collection.
To arrange for a special collection
If you have a valid debit or credit card you can book and pay for the service by calling 01242 262626.
You can also pay by cheque. Please do not send cash through the post.
Send your cheque, together with details of the collection, to:
Cleansing - Bulky Collections
P.O. Box 10
We will need the following details:
- address the collection is to be made from
- daytime contact telephone number (in case of any problems on collection day)
- location of where the items will be left, such as driveway or front garden
- list and quantity of items to be collected
A collection date will be confirmed when your cheque has been received. On receipt of the cheque and information, a confirmation letter will be sent out advising you of a collection date.
You can also book and pay in person at the Municipal Offices.