Help with fuel bills, energy efficiency and keeping warm
Energy efficiency in your home
Visit our energy efficiency pages for guidance on how to make your home more energy efficient and help save money.
Warm and Well tips and support
We've partnered with Severn Wye Energy Agency (SWEA) to share 'Energy 101 - tips for an energy efficient lifestyle' and ‘Top 10 tips for energy saving in the home’. Leaflets with this information will also be available from Cheltenham Trust venues, to support those who are unable to access the internet.
The Warm and Well website also has a grants and funding section, which details various local and national grant schemes available. They also have advisors you can talk to about which scheme may work for you.
Severn Trent support schemes
Severn Trent Water have a number of schemes to help with paying your bills, including a Big Difference Scheme can offer a reduction of water bills up to 90%.
#WarmCheltenham is a project working to offer spaces to people who might not be able to keep themselves warm this winter
- Cornerstone Centre, 1 Severn Rd, Cheltenham, GL52 5QA
- Bethesda Church, Great Norwood Street, Cheltenham, GL50 2AP
- Open 10.30am to 3.30pm every Wednesday through the winter
- Cheltenham Open Door, Unit 3, St George’s Business Park, Alstone Lane, Cheltenham, GL51 8HF
- Guest Hub is open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 10am to 3pm
- Cheltenham Foodbank, Elim Church, St Georges Road, Cheltenham, GL50 3ED
- Open Tuesday, 11am to 1pm, Wednesday, 10.30am to 3pm, and Friday, 10.30am to 11.30am (seniors coffee morning)
- Gas Green Baptist Church, Community and Youth Centre, Baker Street, GL51 9HQ
- Open Monday 10.30am to 1pm (lunch club 12pm)
Cold Weather Payment
You may get a Cold Weather Payment if you’re getting certain benefits or Support for Mortgage Interest.
The Winter Fuel Payment is usually paid automatically in November or December if you're eligible.