You must have a zoo licence if you exhibit wild animals (animals that aren't normally domesticated in Great Britain, e.g. camels or ostriches) to the public on seven or more days in a 12-month period. This does not cover circuses and pet shops which are covered under different licences.

Notify the council

You will need to notify us in writing (this can be emailed) if you intend to open a zoo at least two months before you make an application for a zoo licence. Please email [email protected] in the first instance and before any expense is incurred.