Business Improvement District recovery privacy statement
Why we collect information about you
We collect information for the billing and collection of the Business Improvement District (BID) Levy.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about:
- Your name
- Your company or business name
- Your address
- Contact details
- All properties within the Business Improvement District are charged the BID levy based on the Rateable Value of their property.This information is taken from your business rates account.
Who do we share the information with?
The Council may share your personal data with partner authorities and service providers for the purpose of administering and collecting the BID Levy.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
We keep information about you for a maximum period of six years (six years + current year) after the purpose it was collected for has ended.
Who do we collect information from?
- The BID Company
- Property letting agents
- Other departments within the Council
- Other local authorities, organisations and agencies
- Service providers administering and collecting the business rates on the council’s behalf
- Previous or future occupiers of the property
- Agents managing your business rates
- Solicitors and other parties authorised to act on your behalf
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
If we do not collect data, the council will be unable to fulfil its obligations to collect the Business Improvement Levy on behalf of the BID Company.
Are any decisions about you made by automatic means?