Waste and recycling (excluding trade waste and garden waste collections) privacy statement
Environmental Protection Act 1990
Why we collect information about you
We collect information to assist in providing waste and recycling services to Cheltenham residents. We only collect a contact name and phone number and/or e-mail, where there is a need for follow up contact with the customer or where there has been a financial transaction such as payment for a service.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about:
- you (name, address, telephone number and possibly email address)
- collection address
- If you apply for the council’s assisted collection scheme, we may ask about your medical fitness and circumstances.
- If applicable a representative’s or managing agent’s name and contact information
Who do we share this information with?
- Ubico. This is a company wholly owned by both Cheltenham Borough and Cotswold District Council's who provide a range of environmental services - including waste and recycling collections.
- Council departments who require the information to administer the service and/or handle complaints.
- We may also share your data with other agencies or organisations where the law allows us to do so for the prevention and detection of crime. This includes the Police and other departments within Cheltenham Borough Council.
Is there any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
How long do we keep your information?
We keep information about you for a maximum period of seven calendar years (six years plus current) from the date you made contacted the council about the service.
Who do we collect information from?
You and/or a relative or representative of you or your organisation.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
The council will be unable to follow up enquiries with customers either directly or via Ubico.
Are any decisions about you made by automatic means?