Energy efficiency in the home
An energy efficient home:
- could save you as much as £500 a year on your energy bills;
- it is easier and cheaper to keep warm and free from draughts;
it reduces the risk of respiratory illness, including asthma;
it makes it easier to control the temperature and prevent overheating; and
it is easier to keep free of condensation, damp and mould.
For more information and advice on the availability of grants or discounts on insulation work to your home, contact the Severn Wye Energy Advice Centre on 0800 500 3076. The centre manages the Warm and Well scheme on behalf of all the district councils in Gloucestershire.
The council's energy efficiency strategy seeks to bring about significant improvements in Cheltenham, recognising the threat posed by global warming and the need to manage limited resources in a more sustainable manner.
Pages in Energy efficiency
- 1 You are here: Energy efficiency in the home
- 2 Keep Warm and Well
- 3 Home Energy Conservation Act and affordable warmth
- 4 Target 2050 - carbon reduction assistance