You do not need a licence to busk, but we have a voluntary code of conduct that we encourage buskers to participate in.

If you wish to sell merchandise or collect money for a charity then you would need to apply for the relevant licence.

If a busker is causing nuisance with noise from amplified music, the council has the power to take action. Please contact us using the details below.

The police also have powers where they consider a public nuisance or obstruction is being caused.