Information about the licensing committee
The licensing committee is responsible for:
- making decisions on licence applications when an objections have been made
- agreeing licensing policies and procedures
- looking at certain appeals where an application has been refused by an officer and making a decision on whether the application should be allowed
The committee splits into two licensing sub-committees to deal with individual applications and other matters:
- The "Miscellaneous" sub-committee deals mainly with the licensing of taxi and private hire drivers, vehicles and operators, street trading, objects on the highway, charitable collections and animal premises
- The "Alcohol and Gambling" sub-committee deals predominantly with the licensing of alcohol, entertainment, late night refreshment and gambling.