How to get involved as a green space volunteer
Cheltenham's green space volunteers are groups of people who want to make a difference to the community they live in, and some even like to travel to different parts of Cheltenham to get involved with improving those communities too.
A number of Cheltenham's parks have 'friends of' groups and always welcome new members. If you are interested in becoming a member of a particular group, please view the page for the park you like.
The green space volunteers carry out a range of tasks from litter picking individually and in groups to working alongside the ranger at an organised working party.
The working parties that are currently run with the ranger are:
- Friends of Pilley Bridge Local Nature Reserve: first Saturday of the month, 10.30am till12.30pm
- Friends of Sandford Park: Second Thursday of the month, 9.30am till 12.30pm
- Friends of Hatherley Park: Every Thursday, 2pm till 4pm
- Hatherley Court Gardens: First Tuesday of the month, 9.30am till 12.30pm
- Friends of North Honeybourne Line: Second Wednesday of the month, 9am till 12pm
- St Peters: Fourth Tuesday of the month, 10am till 12pm
- Friends of Winston Churchill Gardens: Fourth Thursday of the month, 9am till 12pm
- Friends of Leckhampton Hill and Charlton Kings Common (FOLK): information on the timings can be found on the Leckhampton Hill page.
If you're interested in becoming involved please contact the green space development team firstname.lastname@example.org.