Community Pride 2017
In 2017 we have a pot of funding to allocate to local good causes and we are now inviting applications for funding to support community pride projects across Cheltenham.
The funding will be made available to support community-owned projects that will build up community pride and enable local groups to be more influential in supporting their communities and improving their neighbourhoods.
Cheltenham Borough Council has recently adopted a place-making vision for Cheltenham.
“We want Cheltenham to be a place where everyone thrives
We will do this by linking our heritage to an exciting future by being;
- And by connecting and re-connecting"
The place-making vision also sets out our particular interest in the following outcomes:
- Cheltenham has a thriving economy
- Cheltenham has a thriving visitor economy
- Cheltenham is a place where younger people thrive
- Cheltenham is a place where our communities thrive.
This year we want to use our community pride fund to support our place-making vision and outcomes
Therefore up to £30,000 will be made available via community pride grants to match-fund community-led projects, up to the value of £5,000 to fund the following:
- Community-led projects that are creative in nature
- Community-led projects that are pioneering in nature
- Community-led projects that are nurturing
- Community–led projects that enable communities to connect and re-connect.
Up to £4,000 will also be made available via community-building grants to community and voluntary sector groups to run small-scale projects, events and activities to help them support the well-being of their neighbourhood up to the value of £300.
Before applying, please read the application guidelines to make sure your project meets our criteria:
If you wish to make an application, please download the application form and save it to your computer. Please return it by email.
The closing date for applications for both grant funds is 12.00 noon on Monday 19th June 2017