Community Pride 2018
In 2018 we had a pot of funding worth £30,000 for local good causes.
The funding was given to support community-owned projects that will build up community pride and enable local groups to be more influential in supporting their communities and improving their neighbourhoods. This year we want to use our community pride fund to support our place vision and our ambitions for Cheltenham.
We want Cheltenham to be a place:
- where all our people and the communities they live in thrive
- where culture and creativity thrives, celebrated and enjoyed throughout the year
- where businesses and their workforces thrive
- where everyone thrives
These are the ambitions that we want Cheltenham to be known for:
- Cheltenham enables business growth by being better connected
- Cheltenham champions physical and mental wellbeing
- Cheltenham is internationally renowned for its culture, heritage, food and sport
£30,000 was made available via community pride grants. The money is to match-fund community-led projects up to the value of £5,000 to fund the following:
- community-led projects that enable local businesses and their workforces to thrive
- community-led projects that enable people and communities to thrive and that support physical and mental wellbeing
- community-led projects that enable culture and creativity to thrive in Cheltenham
Up to £4,000 was also made available through community-building grants for community and voluntary sector groups to run small-scale projects, events and activities to help them support the well-being of their neighbourhood up to the value of £300.
The closing date for applications for both grant funds was Friday 14 September 2018.
On 9 October, the council's cabinet agreed to fund a range of projects.
Dowload the monitoring and grant claim form for 2018/19.