Food premises registration

frying burgers at Cheltenham Food Festival

You must complete and submit a food premises registration form 28 days before you intend to start trading. The first inspection of your new business will normally take place within 28 days of registration from when we become aware of its operation. This is to ensure new businesses are complying with the law.

Inspection of new businesses will be prioritised according to risk as follows:

  • high risk food activities inspected within 28 days
  • low risk establishments can be postponed
  • if registered more than 28 days before business commences, the inspection can be delayed until activities have begun

Unlike Approval, it is not required that businesses requiring only Registration need be inspected before they start operating.

How to apply

 or download the food premises registration form

Change in circumstances

Tell us about a change to your existing circumstances