Dog issues and animal cruelty

close up of a dog's face, side on

Our neighbourhood team can investigate and proactively prevent dog related issues such as dog fouling, dogs not being kept on leads, general dog nuisance and dog on dog attacks.

There is a Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) 2021 in Cheltenham which outlines dog owners responsibilities in relation to picking up after their dog, failing to produce a suitable receptacle to pick up after their dog, walking more than four dogs at a time or failing to control a dog (for example, being on a lead when required).

Report a problem

Animal cruelty information

You can find general information relating to dogs and the Animal Welfare Act on the Kennel Club website. If you are concerned about animal cruelty or an animal in distress please contact the RSPCA.

General guidance on reporting animal welfare issues can be viewed in 'Who is responsible for what in animal welfare?'.